Saturday, January 5, 2013

Another film festival for THAT DARN BEAR!


Back in the fall of 2011, I mentioned a short film I had pieced together paying tribute to my favorite actor, Charles Martin Smith. In particular, it examines the impact his performance in Disney's 1983 movie "Never Cry Wolf" had on me in my younger days. Initially meant for just myself, I ended up submitting it to a San Francisco short film festival  where the audience response was very positive. So whad'ya know? "That Darn Bear" (2011) is screening publicly again! The fine folks at Tucson AZ's "Out in the Desert" LGBT Film Festival 2013 have selected my CMS-centric short to be part of an "Adults Only" program (Behind Closed Doors, Friday January 25th @ 10:30 PM). Sadly, I won't be there to see how this bunch of moviegoers react to my little labor of love. But if you are in the vicinity of Tucson on January 25th, perhaps you can drop in and check it out (as well as any of the other awesome-sounding films running in the festival).

No comments:

Post a Comment