Tuesday, October 30, 2012

CMS: 59th BIRTHDAY / HALLOWEEN FUN!

Happy Birthday, Charles Martin Smith!

It's that time of year again, where my favorite actor's birthday (10/30/53) and favorite holiday meet each other face-to-face. With the impressive financial and critical success of last year's "Dolphin Tale 3D" behind him, this upcoming year could prove to be an even bigger triumph: besides directing a new TV episode currently in production, he also has 2 high-profile movies in development.  Like his colleague and friend Ron Howard, CMS seems to have switched entirely to being behind the camera and given up performing in front of it. I must admit I'll miss seeing him acting (the last time was a 2010 episode of "Fringe"), but it does make me happy to see him thriving as a director. And there's always those cute shots of him on the red carpet to look forward to...


It seems like it's becoming a Halloween tradition for me to watch a horror-themed double feature of CMS's directorial debut, the rock-and-roll cult classic "Trick or Treat" (1986), paired with one of his other spooky projects.  This year, the second feature is going to be an episode of "The Ray Bradbury Theater" that he starred in from 1989: "Boys! Raise Giant Mushrooms in Your Cellar!"



Charles plays a paranoid father concerned that the mysterious mushrooms his son has begun cultivating are tied in to the other strange events happening in his life.  Damn, what a DILF! I've turned several of my friends on to the cute & cuddly charms of CMS. One of them felt that his appearance in this episode was among his hottest, and I would have to agree. Charles Martin Smith was then, and still remains (in my opinion), the sexiest man alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment